Antalya offers a delectable array of Turkish cuisine, showcasing a blend of Mediterranean and Anatolian flavors. Here are some traditional dishes and culinary experiences to savor in Antalya:
- Kebabs: Try various types of kebabs, including Adana kebap (spicy minced meat kebab), şiş kebap (skewered meat), and döner kebap (rotating meat served in a pita).
- Fresh Seafood: Being a coastal city, Antalya is famous for its seafood. Enjoy fresh catches like sea bass, sea bream, and octopus at local seafood restaurants.
- Manti: Savor Turkish dumplings called manti, often filled with seasoned ground meat and served with yogurt and a drizzle of tomato sauce.
- Pide: Try pide, a Turkish-style pizza with various toppings. Traditional choices include ground meat, cheese, or vegetables.
- Meze: Sample an array of meze dishes, which are small, flavorful appetizers. Common meze options include hummus, eggplant salad, and stuffed grape leaves.
- Lahmacun: Lahmacun is a thin, crispy flatbread topped with a spiced mixture of minced meat, vegetables, and herbs. It’s a popular street food.
- Baklava and Turkish Delight: Satisfy your sweet tooth with traditional Turkish desserts like baklava (layers of filo pastry filled with nuts and sweet syrup) and Turkish delight (lokum).
- Rakı: Sip on rakı, the anise-flavored alcoholic beverage often enjoyed with meze dishes. It’s a traditional drink in Turkey.
- Turkish Breakfast: Enjoy a traditional Turkish breakfast, which includes a variety of cheeses, olives, fresh bread, tomatoes, cucumbers, and tea.
- Tantuni: Tantuni is a delicious street food dish made with thinly sliced beef or lamb, cooked with spices and served in a wrap or bread.
Antalya offers an array of shopping opportunities, from vibrant bazaars to modern shopping malls. Here are some places to explore for shopping:
- Antalya Bazaar: The Antalya Bazaar, located in the heart of the city, is a bustling market where you can shop for souvenirs, spices, textiles, clothing, jewelry, and traditional Turkish products. Don’t forget to haggle for the best deals.
- Kaleiçi Bazaar: In the historic Kaleiçi (Old Town) of Antalya, you’ll find a charming bazaar offering a variety of local crafts, carpets, and handmade goods. It’s a great place to find unique items.
- Migros Shopping Mall: The Migros Shopping Mall is one of the largest malls in Antalya and provides a modern shopping experience. It features international and Turkish brands, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Deepo Outlet Center: This outlet center is perfect for bargain hunters. You can find discounted clothing, accessories, and household items from various brands.
- Antalya Aquarium Gift Shop: Located within the Antalya Aquarium, this shop offers marine-themed souvenirs and gifts, making it a unique shopping destination.
- Jewelry Shops: Antalya is known for its jewelry shops, where you can find a wide range of gold, silver, and gemstone jewelry. The city is famous for its high-quality jewelry craftsmanship.
- Spice Markets: Explore the spice markets to discover a world of flavors. You can purchase a variety of aromatic spices, dried fruits, and local products to take home.
- Ceramics and Pottery: Look for traditional Turkish ceramics and pottery in local shops. These make for beautiful and functional souvenirs.
- Turkish Rugs: Antalya and its surroundings are known for their handwoven Turkish rugs and carpets. You can find a wide selection of rugs, from intricate designs to more contemporary styles.
Antalya’s shopping opportunities allow you to bring back a piece of Turkish culture and craftsmanship. Whether you’re seeking unique souvenirs, traditional crafts, or modern shopping experiences, you’ll find plenty to explore in this vibrant city.